DIY Advising: ePortfolios as a Site for Self-Determination
- Annual Conference on College Composition & Communication Convention, 2015
- Thursday, March 19; Tampa, FL
- B Session 12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Digital Pedagogy Posters
We are developing an eportfolio program that emphasizes an “archival habit of mind” along with multiple formative reflection opportunities. Students “keep everything” as organized potentialities that they can actualize in formative or summative presentation portfolios in a variety of situations from advising to applications for graduate schools and employment.
- What are the goals of advising?
- What is the course of a typical Honors College Advising Session?
- How much time can be devoted to ePortfolios?
- How can an ePortfolio help students to do [X,Y,Z] in an advising session? (reflecting on goals, designing success plans, etc).
- How can an ePortfolio help with advising goals?
- When can an ePortfolio address specific advising goals?
- Can the ePortfolio help students to become more responsible for their education?